Have you heard the myth?
The dirty little secret that you have to settle. Take an offer that sounds “good”. Follow the standard career path of your chosen major. Or just do what all your friends are doing.
It’s well known that top employers are excruciatingly selective, most managers and HR departments will not reply to your online submissions (so many, so little time), and hiring managers probably will not take the time to understand YOUR unique offering.
BUT, imagine that you’ve identified skills and responsibilities that excite you, that play to your strengths and goals. You target positions that you can confidently speak to and, well, damn, impress the pants off of your interviewer.
The sweet spot.
Where the interview content plus the company mission GEL with where you want to go and be.
This is where the rubber meets the road.
..proactively introduce you to additional managers and key senior management
..talk about what it’ll be like “when” you join
..mention interesting opportunities to expect, and advice on snagging the best ones
..make you believe it could be a great home for you and your aspirations.
What if you could..
Identify a path that truly energizes you for your future
Define targets that lead you toward positions and employers that align with your hopes and dreams
Resist a career that will suck the qi from you
Feel confident in your ability to create the future of your dreams. Your best you.
Imagine how different your school year will feel once you have a plan in place after graduation that is SOLID.
And most importantly,
- Just two to three hours of dedicated course time each week
- Nixing your anxieties about what you’re going to do after graduation and how you’ll figure it out. You'll clarify what you want to do, and have a plan to execute.
- Clearly defining a professional path that will challenge and satisfy you so you can launch the high-potential career of your dreams
- The freedom to relax and invest in your classes, friends, activities and the college experience without this bête noire hanging over your head
Don’t believe me yet?
Let me pull back the curtain and tell you.
Most students don’t believe they can land that job at a Google, or find that incredible position in San Francisco, or nab that Associate position at KKR that everyone is talking about.
Students do it everyday. It just takes commitment, preparation and most of all, FIT.
Does this target suit YOU?
Why did I decide to focus on college students?
This pivot was prompted when my daughter entered college and began the (overwhelming!) internship and career search process. Eureka moment! I loved and was incredibly effective at advising my daughter and friends how to strategically approach the process with one primary goal - to become excited, energized new professionals that love what they do.
My priority is your success - and with a huge smile on your face as you crush it.
The End Result?
You, no longer an anxious, uncertain or time-starved student struggling to figure out your ideal post-college career plan, but a confident, EXCITED, employee-to-be with a plan!
You, secure in your job acceptance decision. You’ve done the work and left no stone unturned. You strategically picked a path that matches your goals. AND, if/when your goals change, you’ll know how to pivot and land.
You, confident in your future.
Below are few comments my Career Launch and Coaching students have shared
“Cynthia’s masterclass was straightforward and structured. It told me what to do, in what order and how. I never would’ve dug so deep, and I am so much clearer on my goals now."
“CLM helped me figure out a path. I really had no idea where to look or what I needed to do. Now that I do, I’m excited about my interviews and future. Fingers crossed, but I think it looks really good.”
“Cynthia is a great resource. The Q&A’s are super helpful to get questions answered and hear what others are asking. I appreciate her experience and the ideas she shares - she definitely knows the deal.”
Here’s how the program breaks down...
Blue Sky Goals
In this module, you’ll set the stage for your job search and potentially your career by defining what you think you want to do
- You’ll brainstorm and reflect on your goals, the skills you’d like to develop, how you’d like to participate in the evolving professional environment, and what you enjoy doing.
- You’ll consider external influences, both in the workplace and world (think technology, WFH, DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion), inflation, etc.) and how you might want to engage.
- You’ll solicit input from those you know and trust, plus take personality assessments so you can better understand your strengths and abilities.
In this module, you’ll explore the Fab Four job elements and create Preliminary Target Lists to set the foundation for your career launch
- You’ll consider what roles and day-to-day-responsibilities suit your goals and happy factor.
- You’ll contemplate whether specific industries OR companies align with the type of work and the environment you’d like to be involved with.
- You’ll think about where you want to live, if even just for the near term.
In this module, you’ll dig into the details of your initial ideas – your preliminary targets - to see if you want to pursue them for real
- You’ll review job descriptions for qualifications, responsibilities, and opportunity to see if they match your career goals.
- You’ll read through news sources and company websites to learn about the industries and companies you’ve identified and their suitability for your career ideals.
- You'll explore locations for professional and personal fit.
Review and Submit
In this module, you’ll learn how to search, review and submit applications for the jobs that seem exciting and fit your criteria
- You’ll search for roles on popular job sites using tools to efficiently target what you’re looking for.
- You’ll polish (or create!) your resume to best reflect your experience and capabilities.
- You’ll learn key cover letter content so you present your most interested, well-qualified self.
In this module, you’ll learn how to prepare and present "your MOST IMPRESSIVE self" so that you can confidently wow your interviewer, and gain the key information you are seeking
- You’ll review and prepare thoughtful answers for questions you’ll likely be asked by your interviewer.
- You’ll prepare a list of targeted questions for your interviewer to learn important information and demonstrate innovative thought.
- You’ll learn to formulate a final pitch as to why you are uniquely suited and an incredible hiring choice for the position.
In this module, you’ll learn how to evaluate and respond to your offer
- You’ll review the offer and determine if the opportunity and terms are what you hoped for and feel excited about.
- If you choose to negotiate, you’ll learn to identify what components to discuss, and how to frame and support your counter offer.
- You’ll learn how to professionally decline an offer.
In this module, you’ll learn about your options should you decide to take a pause and postpone your career launch
- You’ll start by evaluating your timing, situation and interim goals to determine what you should do during your pause
- You’ll review job sites for positions and internships that suit your interim goals
- You’ll contemplate your upcoming career launch and determine what resume boost or timing is appropriate before starting the process
To make sure you have EVERYTHING you need to take action and keep the momentum going strong, you’ll get access to an incredible benefit…
Live, one-hour Q&A each week for the duration of the course - that’s 7+ hours over 7 weeks!
With this, you won’t have to let roadblocks discourage you or delay your progress. During these live sessions hosted by Cynthia, you’ll get your questions answered AND learn what sticking points your fellow students are encountering. You’ll be able to address stumbling blocks quickly and successfully.
Imagine how much different your life (and mental health)
could look if…
- You had a clear idea of your professional goals and ideals after intentional analysis and research, so you knew where you wanted to focus (at least for now)
- Your interviews were substantial and impressive - you aced them!
- The offers you received were compelling - the roles exciting, the details consistent with your values and goals
- Your post-college plan was nailed - job, start date, path
“I was clear on what I was going to pursue, but I’m so glad I enrolled in the course. It made me step back and think more broadly. My new path is totally different than planned but so exciting and so ME.”
“My mom suggested the masterclass. I had never taken an online course before and doubted it would be useful or that I’d stick with it. She was right! The process helped me understand me, what is out there, and what I need to do to get what I want. This class changed what I thought was possible.”
Career Launch Masterclass for College Juniors and Seniors
A seven-week, self-paced digital course
7 modules, 24 lessons, one module drops each week during the course term
The process begins by defining your goals, skills and interests, followed by research, position review, submission, interviews and offer evaluation
The magic is the process - thorough, thoughtful, and completely you-focused
Weekly one-hour live Q&A sessions
- Live video chat hosted by Cynthia
- Students can pose questions during the session or email in advance
- Sessions will be recorded and stored in the course Member area for reference
Private Facebook Community
- Supportive community of peers where students can pose questions and concerns
- Members can offer suggestions, real life experiences, and support
- Cynthia will review to provide insight and Facebook live videos if appropriate
A’s to the Burning Q’s Your Fellow College Students Typically Ask Before Purchasing Career Launch Masterclass
I feel overwhelmed by all that this program requires. Will I be able to do it?
I have never interviewed. How will I know how to present and what to say?
I have no idea what I want to do. How will this course help me search for what I don’t know?
What if I’d like to find a job in a different part of the country after college?
I do not have much experience researching job information. How will I know how to do it?
Do I need any special materials or subscriptions or contacts for this course?
I am not familiar with job sites and don’t know how to go about using them. Will you show me how
When I join Career Launch Masterclass for College Students, will I get immediate access to all the lessons and modules?
Will Cynthia be available to answer questions if I get stuck?
What happens if I get behind?
Pick your payment option
Buy it, try it. You're backed by our 14-day 100% money back guarantee.
If you are not satisfied after 14 days from the start of class
(2 Modules, 7 Lessons), your money will be refunded.
Just send your request to [email protected]